Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hermitage Revealed


I had no expectations when I went to see this documentary. What I found was a fantastic journey of Russian history through the life of the Hermitage.

The collection is huge and is kept in a architecturally beautiful and historic building. This film is a visual feast that continued to amaze.

What is really amazing is the way the curators at the Hermitage kept the collection safe during such a volatile history. It is a credit to those who looked after the collections at the Hermitage that the collection survived many revolutions, world wars and various leaders such as Stain etc and was not pillaged to pay for ideologies.

It is definitely worth seeing this film but I imagine there is nothing like the real thing, I for one has put it on my bucket list.



No comments:

Post a Comment